Friday, June 13, 2014

Invicta Watch Company.

POSTED ON-LINE AND VIA CERTIFIED MAIL, R.R. REQUESTED:

Ms. Cecilia Luce
Invicta Watch Company
3069 Taft Street
Hollywood, FL 33021

Re: Awaiting Shipping Payment (See attached copy with CAS Number.) 

Dear Ms. Luce: 

On January 30, 2014 I purchased a men's Invicta Reserve Bolt Automatic, model #5947 (with box) at Lincoln Square Pawnbrokers, Inc., 724 Amsterdam Avenue, Bet. 95th and 96th Streets, New York, N.Y. and paid in cash. I received a card signed by "Sheldon" suggesting to the jeweler who was to adjust the bracelet of the watch: "Take care of him please. That's my good friend." (Copy attached.)

The crown of this watch was "defective," possibly due to sabotage or design defect I was told. Efforts to repair the problem were unsuccessful. I sent the watch to Invicta for repairs, with insurance protection on May 1, 2014. The watch was received by Invicta on May 3, 2014. (See attached copies of P.O. receipts.)

I received a reply from Invicta requesting $42.00 to make all the repairs and requesting $28.00 of this total sum to initiate the repairs and return the watch to me when the balance of $14.00 would be due. (Copy of letter attached.)

On May 13, 2014 I sent the full $42.00 by money order to Invicta. Invicta received and cashed my money order, according to the U.S. postal service, on May 15, 2014. (See attached copies of money order receipts and post office proofs.)

On May 16, 2014 Invicta sent me the same form letter requesting payment for repairs. I returned that form letter (keeping a copy) explaining that a money order for full payment had been sent and received by Invicta by certified mail with return receipt requested on May 24, 2014, certified mail #7014-0510-0002. 

A return receit signed by "Cecilia Luce" -- whose handwriting is identical to "Sheldon's" writing -- dated May 30, 2014 was then received by me. (See attached copies.)

On May 11, 2014 I received a second certified mail receipt #7012-3460-0002-6688-4485. I have absolutely no idea what this return receipt, purportedly from Invicta, is about or who sent it or why I would receive it. (See attached copy.)

On June 10, 2014 I received for the third time the identical form letter from Invicta, allegedly, requesting the initial $28.00 deposit on the repairs costing a total of $42.00. The letter was sent in an Invicta envelope with the appropriate postage meter number. (Copy attached.)

Since I have already paid the full $42.00 some time ago; since I have received and answered this same form letter three times already; and since the postage costs for me of this delightful correspondence has become greater than the cost of the repairs to my watch; I am returning this form letter to you by certified mail with return receipt requested and posting our complete exchange (so far) on-line, fondly hoping that this will end the matter with my identical and previously-made comment repeated: "Money order for FULL AMOUNT was sent to you, received and cashed by you some time ago."

A copy of this exchange of letters is being sent to New York's Public Advocate.

There are two possibilities: 1). Someone at Invicta Watch Company has been bribed or threatened to play these games; or 2). this is the normal workings of a company I respect which makes fine watches. 

I hope and trust that the next communication from Invicta will be my repaired watch. 

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Very truly yours,

Juan Galis-Menendez

CC: N.Y. Public Advocate, Ms. Letitia James (w/encls.)